Monday, 30 June 2008

Falling down and out

I'm feeling emo...

On a Monday morning.

But I have Mondays off...

*???*

Maybe it's all those assigments.

Or maybe it's because... *deep breath*
...I'm almost 30 and people remind me I'm not getting any younger and I'm still single and still living on the ground floor of my parent's home and still living off them because I don't have a job where I'm earning my own living and therefore can't contribute to expenses because I'm back at college studying and am struggling to cope with assignments because it's been so long ago since I was a student and then most of the people I spend most of my time with are at least 5 years younger, AT LEAST, whereas my former schoolmates who are my age have got nice high position jobs that take them flying to foreign countries or they are working overseas or who are alreay happily married and having a place of their own while I'm still single and have nothing!!!

Well, not really nothing. I got my family. And I got my friends. Young or not, in a way, they're also like my family. And I've got Jesus. Precious Jesus.

Oh bother. I'm not gonna finish this post coz my little niece keeps bugging me to play. Heh.

*Ouch!* she was bouncing on my bed and just fell off with a loud "THUD!" Yikes, that's gonna leave a mark! She's crying but I managed to get her smiling again. No, she's giggling! And now, she's scampering onto my bed and bouncing again! *smile*

Wow, to be young again and not have any worries.

I learnt something. 'Bouncing' around in life, we're gonna face some tough twists and turns. And when we lose our balance, we're gonna fall. Some falls are not so bad, but some hurt and leave a mark. But we always have to get back up again.

We can all nod and agree with that, but the getting back up part is not so easy. It's much easier though, when we get lots of encouragement and support from people around us... Dear God, I know it's You, and it's been You all along. Everytime I fell, you were there. And you were there to pick me up again. Forgive me when I took my eyes off you and focused on the storms instead. No wonder I had the sinking feeling... but once again you reached out and held me by the hand.

Now that's gonna leave a mark.

"Heal the wounds but leave the scars... as a reminder of how merciful You are."

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel so down... you're still very young.

God has wonderful plans for your life, you never know what could happen in the next year or two!

kaitlin said...

Yeah Donny you aren't that old at all okay. Besides, when we girls were talking in high school abt optimum marriage age for guys, the general consensus was like 28 and ur not far off. Hahahaha. N u noe we're just teasing right when we call u old. Seriously u're the most UN-old person ever!
N besides, ur reli such an awesome person and rmmbr in The Sound of Music?
Gretl: Why am I always the last?
ThatFella: Because you are the most important!

:D

Hi Kira!

¡Ʌm[˄˄]℮ said...

KYRA'S SOOOO CUTE!!~~

ok.. that's beside the point here...
don't worry, Donny! you're such a GOOD man.. God's just taking a lil longer to make it the B-E-S-T for u!! =)

and remember the other time when you were also feeling discouraged about the fact that your friends are all much better off than you? that's NOT true.. and you know that, right? you HAD what was pleasurable in this life, a stable job, good pay..

YET you chose to take up your cross and follow Jesus. humbled yourself and listen to the voice of God. now that's a SACRIFICE or shall i say OBEDIENCE that N.O.T every single man can or will do. BUT YOU DID.

great is your reward in Heaven, Donny. and we all love you. ^_^

Anonymous said...

ok lah, if it's of any help at all, i'm like, 4 months older than u lah (that's alot ok!) =___= there there, no more emoing lah ok.

speaking of better-off friends, i was on an emo fest also yesterday, seeing my ex classmates (on facebook) all high flyers, dubai lah, australia lah, big named companies lah. and i just found out i'm very underpaid for my age!!! :( sigh. so ur not alone.

but yeah, i'm 4 months older than u lah! so ur not old!

and i know i'm very long winded but i must say this. poor niece had to nurse the bump so that someone can learn the bigger lesson. *rubs forehead* hah! ok end of comment

Anonymous said...

oh! and can u believe there's this chinese saying that goes something like this...

men of 40 years old are dragon while women of 40 are some poor wiggly worm T___T

#$%$#%

ok. really really. end of comment lol

DonnyTanTW said...

Haha! Thanks guys!

*chuckles*

you're a funny lot!

Anonymous said...

soya bean ah.........
don sad sad lah...
we all yac-ers and orang orang kat youth very the sayang and appreciate you wan okay!!!!
Actually hor you are not that old lah... like what Li Jen said optimum marriage age is 28 and above..
Remember men age like fine wine ^^.
jelousnya...perempuan age like milk =(

Anonymous said...

so kesian~~~~ =D...well...mayb its 'HIS' plan for u :)... so u got to obey his plan ...or..suffer in hell =D hehe ...but!

Don't feel so down... you're still very young.

God has wonderful plans for your life, you never know what could happen in the next year or two!

relax then old man =D..ops! sry! young man actually xD

hmmm..my last wods for u ...dont be sad u still got me!=D..ok that sounds wrong xD...hehe...be happy=D

DonnyTanTW said...

Fuiyo!

How rare is this??! It's Nicky Au!!! O__O

Haha! With the Au Yong siblings leaving comments, how can I not be feeling better?

Thanks guys! It's nice being compared to a fermented drink that won't burn in hell... Haha!

*aiVee* said...

hello...

erm... quite shy... but gotta say this... ur an awesome person u know!... really... no matter how YounG you are... u will still remain the same kind n thoughtful, wise n smart, capable n lovable person you are! =).. smile k?! ur smile n laughter always enlighten the atmosphere... =)... see ya n take care! and God bless...

-aivee-

Anonymous said...

cheh so many ppl cheer you up I feel like adding salt to the wound. Jealous betul :P Hahaha

I hope you look around you and thank God. You are in a position that nobody has the privilege to fill.

You are exactly where you need to be and you'll prosper. You treasure lies in the hearts of people as you can see.

I have these belief that our treasures in heaven is not only of things but of just the sheer joy of people tellin you thank you adn knowing you made a difference in someones life :P

From the responses here I'm sure you're doing better than I am. We got a long way to go but I'm always there beside you brother. I think we are closer than brothers right? I hope so :P

tabster23 said...

hey ya donny *grins*

just dropping by, and yeah, thanks for taking care of shadow the other day :) appreciate it lots..

have a great weekend my fren..

reJoyce said...

Hi Donny! Pleasantly surprised to see your new blog (which I totally didn't know abt) Enjoyed reading it. And guess what, I GOT THE POG CD TOO!!! It's very good :)

Anonymous said...

'The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want'

Hey dohnie.....relax...28 is definitely not old in our current culture...

I'm sure God has his plans for you and they'll unfold in the fullness of his time. Just keep praying ya....

All your wonderful friends are rooting for ya...haha...we can form the dohnie cheer team to cheer you on your race!

*screams*

Haha....Take care! (poor kira)

DonnyTanTW said...

Hey! Hey! Hokays guys! Thnx loads, I'm feeling much better now... Really!

You guys are the bestest and I love you all for it!

GROUP HUG!!!

*waves* @Joyce n @Lovy: Wahey! Singaporeans in da house! Exciting-ness! Yeah! POG is fantastic!

And @Leon too: a Singaporean too??? Hee... but thnx 4d meaningful words. You got it! Closer than brothers!

Hey Ai Vee! Lose the shyness! You're an awesome person too! After all, got same surname! haha!

Hey Tabby! No... thank YOU! Shadow was so much fun! Haha! I'll gladly do it again!

@nne said...

i was gonna post a comment.

then i realise you already have a LOT. LOL =)