Tuesday, 17 June 2008

...Or Maybe I Will!

...post about my favourite Pop Group! Haha!
(To get what I'm haha-ing about, you'll need to see my last comment on the 'Ana' post... or you just don't get me at all.)( I don't blame you!)

Everybody, if you haven't already, please meet Point of Grace!


This is their latest hit song that won them a Dove Award (Christian equivalent to the Grammys, with all the glam and hype too!). Listen to it! It's really good!



I first heard them more than 10 years ago while I was still a teenager (and we all know how LONG ago that was) and I immediately fell in love!!! ...with their voices la! Altho I must say, they still look pretty good, huh? Hehee...

Anyway, it was POG who first inspired me to sing in parts! Yup, that's right! Their vocal harmonies are so tight and melodious... soh beautiful! And their songs are very encouraging and inspiring too! *sigh* Hearts.

But sadly, one of the members of the quartet has recently announced her retirement. *sob*. She is the second member to go. The original founders of the group were these four:

clockwise from top: Terry Jones, Shelley Breen, Denise Jones and Heather Payne

But towards the end of 2003, Terry announced her retirement to better care for her 3 young kids. At that time, I truly truly missed her voice because it is one that is very unique! Hers is one that is 'girlish, shrilly' and I can't think of anyone today who sounds like her. She was replaced by Leigh (pronounced Lee) Capillino Top picture, farthest left , and together, the group went on to produce more beautiful music.

And now, Heather Payne mother of four young kids, has also announced her retirement! *bawl* Broken heart. I'm so so sad, because Heather has a big big voice and I like to copy her singing style too! Now, the remaining members will carry on as a trio.

So there you go. Now you know my inspiration for singing parts. They really are very good! This album was even recommended by Leon! And those of you who know him knows he has high taste in music! Go go listen to them la. And if you wanna learn to sing in parts, I dunno, go be inspired by them.

Tribute to Point of Grace, you have blessed me and inspired me! God bless you loads!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

while we are at it, when are u going to write about ur favouritest boy band?! *excitingness*!!!

¡Ʌm[˄˄]℮ said...

1 word.. WOW!!!
n i definitely trust Leon's taste in music~ XD

Anonymous said...

Maybe he says I have high taste in music only because I like Point of Grace. If I didn't like them then....I think he will change his mind hahaha

DonnyTanTW said...

Quick update: I bought the album and am loving it!!! Listened to it til it was 3:30am this mornin!

My heart melted. So good la. So good. Seriously.

No. O_O! I do not have a favouritest boy band. There were some pretty good Backstreet and ah... West Life songs, but nah. Earned no following.

People with good taste like Point of Grace! Wahahahahahahaha! Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Eric Thor said...

ooopsssssss..... my comp gila and could not load your comment section earlier that's why I thot you didn't turn it on... ooops.... sawweeeeeeeeeee. here is what I wrote there:

duh dohnie.... you forgot to turn on the "comment" feature on your latest post. Can't comment there...have to comment here.

I think PoG are fantastic too. I have almost all their albums (at least I think I do). And I think they look more hot as they mature....*drool*

22 Jun 2008 PM 04:58

Anonymous said...

lolz...Donny and Eric ah.
you two seem to like 40 something punya perempuan huh.
both also say they are hot wan.
hahahahahha....hahhaha opps....
hahahhahahah...............hahahahah
ok i should stop...hahahahahha
hahahaha.
K la sorry,i agree.
yes they are very pretty =)
*smiles innocently*.
ahahahahahahahhaha

DonnyTanTW said...

eh eh... since when I got say they is hot??? ala... they are pretty wad.

Haha! No worries Eric, any fan of POG is readily forgiven! wahahahaha!

I've been promoting them to almost everyone liao. They think I'm crazy!

So nothing new, then? HA!

Eric Thor said...

rachel: wei....I very fair punya... don't care the woman is 40-something or 18... if hot, I say hot... hahaha

donny: yeah! I thought I was alone. I have been on a personal quest promoting them. thrilled to know there are more like us out there... wahahaha