Sunday, 25 May 2008

Don't forget to smile!

I'd like to introduce you to a luverly couple from UK, but I don't happen to have a photo of them with me right now. *regrets* Anyways, their names are Keith and Ruth Holt.
Something happened recently, which made me think about them. I remember back in my Uni days in Birmingham, this wonderful couple would welcome us foreign students into their home and feed us with gorgeous, fantastical tasting, and deliciously good homemade food. Being the poor (relatively... we're talking British pounds k?!!), and perpetually hungry (also admittedly greedy) Chinese (Malaysian... and Singaporean too!) students that we were, we were deathly grateful to them for their hospitality. I miss them so.

And no, it wasn't the thought of good food that made me reminisce. No, in fact what I remember most about them was the warmth they radiated from their hearts.... the perpetual smiles on their faces... we always knew we were loved... and they gave us a place we could call home away from home. *Sigh* I miss them so.

Let me get to the part of the something that happened that made me think of both Keith and Ruth. Just the other day, through the exchange of emails with some old school friends, someone commented that I reminded them of the season's American Idol Runner-Upper! That was a shocker. I never heard that said before. Here's a comparison:


That's David Archuletta! I like him!

And that's me! I like him too! hehe...



See a resemblance? If anyone dares say it's the 'sunshiny-ness', I'm gonna smack them on the head with a smelly fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, my friend explained that she thought we had the same smile!


And that really struck me! I used to smile a lot. Like, really really a lot. So much so that Keith (Aha! Now you see the connection!) called me his favourite smiley person! *Grin* Haha!

Yeah, I know he was just being sweet saying that, but I really really did use to smile a lot. I've forgotten why I stopped though. Must've been some hard knocks of life... I dunno. I just wish I can remember to do that again.


I think we all need to have a favourite smiley person. Better yet, I think we all need to be someone else's favourite smiley person.





Thanks Keith! Even now, you can always put a smile on my face! No wonder I smiled so much around you...

10 comments:

¡Ʌm[˄˄]℮ said...

i smile a lot!!! (well, at least i think that i do) XD
my best fren too~
so much so that some1 kinda told her tat her smile aint worth a million anymore..
so bad rite?!

Anonymous said...

soya bean!!!
=)

DonnyTanTW said...

Woohoohoohoo!!! Look who's in da house?!! It's the two holiday gurls!!! Christine and Rachel! Haha!

¡Ʌm[˄˄]℮ said...

yyyyyeeaaaa...
holiday-ing roxx!
(when u've got things to do, of coz)

to smiley :
soya bean?!

Lynette Loh said...

hey dohnie, i think i do have a picture of keith and ruth. will try to find it and send you by email. your email's still the same right? the t-whey or something like that one...

Anonymous said...

oh so now "i can make u smile" lah zzz.

anyway, *tears of gratefulness* got new post to read. finally.

and hey! that's a really sunshiny smile u have there on ur driving license!!! =D soh sunshinnnyyyy!!!!! *echo*fades off*

Anonymous said...

Donny, make it easier for us to post a commnet without all these verification and stuff....that will being a smile to my face. HAHAHA

I don't like to smile.....been practicing cause I have no choice, I look to fierce.

Actually I don't remember you smiling alot....how come?

Anonymous said...

Now that you mention it... I do see some resemblance!

DonnyTanTW said...

Let me explain why 'soya bean'. My nickname 'Dohnie' sounds like it in Mandarin. Hee... my friend told me that. (By the way, thanks Lynette! Yeah, my email is still the same)

Aiyo... I dunno how to un-require verification ler... I'm just a blogger (yikes!) not a techy. Having said that, I dont think I'm even a blogger, more like just someone who owns a blog. Hee.

Actually, I found another pic with an even closer resemblance! Which reminds me, I need to get some tuna. Bring it to Puchong. Tuna's pretty smelly...

Anonymous said...

But I like tuna. =( The stuff from the can ain't smelly...

And...the soya bean thing was really really random, but now that I think about it...

OH YEAH HOR!!! =D

I never thought of that before!

And I can't see the resemblance between David and Dohnie. What resemblance? =/