Monday, 12 May 2008

Official FIRST Post: A Blog Revived!

Sort of... more like a brand new blog begun. Heh.

Now I can strike it off my Resolutions List. Finally! And maybe those fellas bugging me about it will get off my case. *tee hee*.

Okla, okla. I was only teasing. I appreciate. I appreciate. Really!

Hey, since this is my very first post on my very new blog, let me start off with the journey of how it all came to being! Wahey! BUT... in order not to bore you to tears (Seriously! Longwinded-ness can make people cry), I'll just write up the summarised version la. Hee.

I was so inspired after reading other people's cool blogs, that I decided I wanted to hop onto the bandwagon! But I knew I kept putting it off because I kept thinking that I didn't have the time. So, to prove it to myself that I was gonna do it, I actually wrote it down on my Resolutions list! (Ok, that's the 2nd time I've mentioned this... pls don't laugh at me bcoz I have a list. They made me do it!!! *points at any random passerby*)

Anyway, a number of people then got excited when they heard about it... it would be another blog to stalk, apparently... so they've been "oh-so-kindly" reminding me. My second hurdle was that my laptop was too old to handle the fancy-schmancies of a blog... but that problem was resolved when I got MY NEW LAPTOP!!! Whoohoo! That's another something I can be blogging about! Yay!

I. heart. my. new. lappy. *happy tears*. Mega thnx Papa, Jap and Christine!

So with new laptop in hand, a commitment to keep, and... did I mention excited friends? Fuiyo! There were none more excited than Leishia and Jap! Not only did these two bug *ahem*... encourage... me to start a blog, but they even specially organised a 'laptop partay' so that they could help me get started!

Excited people anxious to begin.
Helped pick out a name: duhdohnie! Like "The Donny", only not. (I think it's pretty cool, pretty funny at the same time! Funky! Leishia just burst out laughing when she saw it. That's a compliment). But we had to sift through so many first. I liked "nevawouldaguessed" or "whowouldathunk" but they said it was too long and hard to remember. Then they suggested "sunshinedohnie" or "dohniesrainbow" or "I can make you smile" ...
=_=" sweat... and double sweat.

It. sounds. soh. geiH. I don't want... But that somehow led to Leishia suddenly announcing, "I'M HAPPILY GAY!" Big Colgate smile included... until she realised we were in Starbucks on a Saturday night and immediately sunk into the sofa. Wahahaha! Sohhh farnieee! I laughed hard. And Japheth even thought it funny to do an imitation of her...

which meant,

that he,

also declared... "I'M... "

I laughed harder. People were looking. My sides hurt.

Nonono! I don't want sunshinedohnie! Kill me now! Urghhh!!!

Okok. Next, select a layout and background colour. Time to personalise the blog. They even designed a banner for me! Aww... but I suspect they were having more fun than me tho. They wouldn't even let me see it... til it was done. =.='. It's no fun being left out. *sob*

"It's his blog, but we're administrators. Haha!"


"I still think there should be a lil more sunshine."


But more than two hours later, we finally got it set up and everyone was pretty pleased with the end result. And since I hardly designed it, I get to boast about how great my blog looks! HAhaha!

Satisfied people.

Yay! It is done! And so a new blog is born into the cyber world. A happy and memorable birth, a successful and humble beginning in a coffee house, but a healthy and long life, we can only hope. Hehee.

Thanks guys!

I can start bogging now... world wide web, here I come!


7 comments:

kaitlin said...

Hahahaha.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

new blog to stalk! T__T *happy tears*

now, dun think the bugging stops here. BLOG or DIE >.<


p/s eh, so pretty lah that girl! fuiyoh!

Eugene T. said...

haha! excellent post; the words were short and simple, it wasnt too taxing to read, photos were appropriately placed and nicely captioned and my attention was retained throughout the whole post. i throughly enjoyed the post, thank you :-D

it was almost bursting with sunshine too. ;-)

DonnyTanTW said...

Wheee...! Cheers to ellejay! Technically the first comment to the first official blog!

eh... pretty girl, don't stalk-stalk la... only non-married ones can! wahahhaha!

*fwah! eugene_t! thank you *sob* I'm soh touched... BUT NO MORE SUNSHINY-NESS!!!

Carmen Ng said...

donny! I didnt know u blog..

DonnyTanTW said...

Yalor! Me neither... and then wadayaknow?!! haha!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new blog! I was so Duh I didn't see that you put a link for your comment!

Leishia and Jap did a good job with the banner. Looks great.

Welcome welcome!